About Me

My photo
Welcome, I was once an Irish street kid who lived with a pack of stray dogs for 3 years. You can read about this incredible time of my life in my memoir, THE BOY WHO TALKED TO DOGS by Skyhorse in New York. It was described by Malachy McCourt as 'astonishing, well-told story'. It's also available on Audible.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Is your dog nudging you for pats?


Is your dog nudging you for pats?


If you pat a dog when it nudges you, it instantly wins a point. Problem is, if your dog scores more points than you, it gets to be your Boss.

TIP: Dogs especially love dominating kids and visitors this way.

Solution: Simple. Don’t pat a dog just because it nudges you. I know some people may find this very hard to do! Your dog can sit or wait for a pat – just not nudge you. If you feel like your dog is pestering you for pats – just send it away.


No comments:

Post a Comment